Due to their lightweight design and ease of use, skimming blades are becoming an increasingly popular tool in the drywall finishing industry.
Premium quality LEVEL5 Aluminum-Body Skimming Blades come in a variety of lengths up to 48 inches and feature a flexible, high precision 0.3mm blade inserted into a rigid extruded aluminum blade housing. These tools are outstanding for smoothing out fresh drywall compound with even distribution and unprecedented sensitivity.
Available in eight lengths, there’s a LEVEL5 skimming blade for every drywall finishing job:
- 7-inch, 10-inch or 14-Inch blades are often used for bedding and wiping down drywall tape after it has been applied using an automatic taper or banjo.
- When finishing drywall joints or slightly wider areas, 16-Inch, 24-Inch or 32-Inch skimming blades are ideal and will get the job done faster than any other finishing knife or trowel.
- 40-Inch or 48-Inch skimming blades are perfect for smoothing compound evenly across large areas. Typical examples would include when you roll on and smooth out drywall joint compound to a level 5 finish, or when you are covering up textured ceilings and walls.
WHY CHOOSE LEVEL5 SKIMMING BLADES?
Not all skimming blades are created equal and LEVEL5 Skimming Blades have a number of unique features that make them the professional finisher’s preferred choice. These include:
A UNIQUE BLADE EDGE
The real magic behind LEVEL5 skimming blades is the high precision 0.3mm blade inserts. Crafted from European stainless steel, these inserts offer the perfect amount of flex for efficient, effortless skimming and smoothing.
In addition, most blade edges are fully stamped out, and if you looked at the edge under a magnifying glass you would see it is squared off edge and has sharp corners. This is not ideal for mud flow. LEVEL5 skimming blades feature a proprietary rounded profile on the front blade edge that allows the compound to roll off the skimming blade more evenly and smoother than any competitive models.
The shape of the blade insert itself is also unique. Unlike other styles of finishing knives, the LEVEL5 skimming blade edge is raised at both ends and the corners are rounded. This minimizes or eliminates lap marks when you are smoothing out large areas.
THE BLADE INSERTS ARE REPLACEABLE!
Skimming blades are precision instruments and the reality is that they can be damaged on the job site if they are dropped. Unlike competitive skimming blade models, LEVEL5 Skimming Blades feature blade inserts that are easily replaceable. No tools are necessary; simply remove one of the skimming blade end caps for slide-out/slide-in insert replacement at a fraction of the cost of replacing the entire skimming blade.
ALUMINUM BLADE HOUSINGS
LEVEL5 Skimming Blades feature aircraft-grade, extruded aluminum housings for maximum rigidity across the blade span. The profile of the aluminum extrusion serves two purposes:
- On its own, the profile provides a comfortable, ergonomic hand grip for all-day use which significantly reduces the wrist strain experienced when using other tools such as taping knives.
- The profile is also shaped to accept a handle adapter, enabling LEVEL5's range of extendable poles to be affixed for work on high walls and ceilings (centering lines on the skimming blade housing and handle adapter make it easy to align these two components for perfect balance).
LIGHTWEIGHT EXTENDABLE HANDLES
Manufactured using premium fiberglass, aluminum, and high impact ABS composite, LEVEL5's line of skimming blade extension handles are extremely lightweight yet robust and rigid - even when fully extended.
The handles are designed for a precision fit with the required LEVEL5 skimming blade handle adapter to eliminate any wobble. They also feature a quick-release design that uses dual stainless steel snap-in buttons that prevent rotation under pressure or torque.
For maximum flexibility, the handles can be extended and locked into place at any point on their aluminum extension with a simple twist of the locking mechanism.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
LEVEL5 makes workhorse drywall finishing tools that set the standard for quality & reliability.
We back all of our tools with the strongest warranties in the industry and work hard to provide our family of finishers with the best customer service possible.
Do you have questions about your LEVEL5 Tool(s)? Call our toll-free support line at 866.562.4229 (local: 913.631.0804) or send us an email at email@example.com. Our support team is available Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4pm Central Time.
For its full line of skimming blades, handles and accessories, LEVEL5 Tools, LLC. ("LEVEL5") provides a full one (1) year warranty to the original owner that these products will be free from defects in material and function. This warranty is valid in all countries/markets.
Terms & Conditions
- The Warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
- The Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the product, and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from its use.
- The Warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, negligence, fire, theft, loss or intentional damage.
- All shipments to the LEVEL5 facility must be freight paid. LEVEL5 reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any product covered under the Warranty. Discontinued products may be replaced with newer models when necessary.