This LEVEL5 10" drywall skimming blade combo is an all-in-one skim coat blade setup ideal for use as a wipe-down knife when bedding tape and smoothing joint compound behind an automatic drywall taper, banjo or flat box. Its medium extension handle is our most popular skimming blade handle ideal for most wall and ceiling finishing situations.
- 10" LEVEL5 Skimming Blade | SKU #4-910
- LEVEL5 Skimming Blade Handle Adapter | SKU #4-941
- LEVEL5 Medium Skimming Blade Extendable Handle | SKU #4-942
LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Sets offer professional finishers and home renovation experts a complete drywall smoothing & finishing blade setup for any variety of job or task. These are the most high-quality, cost-effective and complete skim coat setups available on the market.
Skimming Blade Build Quality
Our skimming blade construction features a patent-pending extruded aluminum blade back. This aircraft-grade aluminum housing offers maximum rigidity and durability. Thanks to their ergonomic grip design, LEVEL5 skimming blades greatly reduce wrist and back strain compared to traditional hand finishing tools. Their removable, high-impact glass composite end caps are designed to prevent mud and debris from entering the skimming blade housing.
The precision 0.3mm European stainless steel blades featured on our drywall skimming blades offer flexibility and finesse when smoothing and finishing fresh compound. In addition, their rounded blade edges prevent gouging and tearing of smoothed compound. These blades are completely replaceable which means you don't need to buy an entirely new skimming blade when your edge becomes worn or damaged.
Standard and Extendable Handles
A selection of LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Sets include an exendable handle. These handles are available in the following variations:
- Short (21-32") LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Handle
- Medium (37-63") LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Handle
- Long (48-87") LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Handle
These handles enable finishers to better adapt to their work environment by providing the versatility necessary to finish surfaces in tight space, high areas, etc. They also provide the ability to grip and apply the skimming blade at different angles when compared to using two hands and gripping the aluminum housing itself.
Skimming Blade Handle Adapter
All LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blade Sets with a handle also include a lightweight, highly resilient glass-composite skimming blade handle adapter. This adapter connects the skimming blade handle to the skimming blade's aluminum housing via a simple 'snap-in' mechanism.
- A complete drywall smoothing & finishing blade setup
- Aircraft-grade aluminum housing for maximum rigidity
- Precision 0.3mm European stainless steel blades
- Ergonomic grip design to reduce wrist and back strain
- Rounded blade corners to prevent gouging smoothed compound
- Replaceable blade inserts for dealing with wear and tear
- Removable high-impact glass composite end caps
- Lightweight, patent-pending extruded aluminum blade back
For more details or to purchase by telephone, call us at 800.227.7713.
Why Choose LEVEL5 Drywall Skimming Blades?
LEVEL5’s line of drywall skimming blades is the most competitively priced, highest quality line of compound smoothing tools on the market today.
What sets LEVEL5's patent pending skimming blades apart is their ultra-lightweight design. Drywall skimming is a finesse game; the skimming blades, extendable handles and handle adapter in this tool line have been specifically developed and refined through years of feedback from professional finishers to move mud effortlessly and with high sensitivity.
We often are asked "What is a skimming blade used for?" Here is a video from LEVEL5 founder and CEO, Scott Murray, discussing the typical uses based on blade length.
Available in eight lengths, there’s a LEVEL5 skimming blade for every drywall finishing job:
- 7-inch, 10-inch or 14-Inch blades are often used for wiping down and bedding tape after after the tape has been applied using an automatic taper or banjo.
- When finishing butt joints or slightly wider areas, 16-Inch, 24-Inch or 32-Inch skimming blades are ideal and will get the job done faster than any trowel or finishing knife.
- 40-Inch or 48-Inch skimming blades are perfect for smoothing larger areas. Typical examples would include when you roll on and smooth drywall joint compound to a level 5 finish, or when you are covering up textured ceilings and walls.