In this short video, watch our lead technician Robby Deatherage take you through the simple steps to replacing your automatic drywall taper drive dog. In less than two minutes you will be back to advancing your drywall tape with no issues and dry-patch free!
The drive dog is one of the most integral parts of the auto taper and it’s job is to ensure that tape and mud are advancing when they should be.
1. Remove the cover plate.
2. Push plunger all the way down to fully extend the cable.
3. Locate and loosen the screw holding the drive dog in place [NOT the screw holding the cable in place]
4. Pull the drive dog out.
5. Replace it with a new drive dog.
6. Insert the auto taper push rod back in.
7. Wind the cable back up by rotating the drive dog counterclockwise.
For more tips, tricks and how-tos when it comes to maintaining and repairing your drywall tools, and laying drywall tape like a pro with automatic taping and finishing tools, check out some of the articles below and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.